The Scientific Committee will determine whether abstracts will be accepted. All late breaking abstracts will be considered for e-poster presentation only.
The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
Only the abstracts of registered presenting authors will be included in the final programme. Abstracts accepted for presentation will be published on the website prior to the congress.
All accepted abstracts will be published in a special supplement of the journal Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine published by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
Rules for Submission
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by Wednesday July 8, 2015 will be scheduled for presentation and included in the programme.
- The author is expected to attend the congress and present the poster.
- If an abstract was previously submitted to a different congress, but was not presented, it can be submitted to this congress as well. If it was previously presented, it cannot be submitted to ESRA 2015.
- Previously published papers may be presented at ESRA 2015.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONBefore you begin, please prepare the following information:
Presenting Author's Contact Details
Author and Co-Authors' Details
- Full postal address
- Email address
- Daytime and evening phone number
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
Limited to 25 words
Limited to 250 words
(Please Note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are added)
Abstracts must be submitted with the following sections:
- Background and aims
Abstracts must be allocated to a specific topic for the scientific programme. Please choose from the list of topics.
Graphs and Images
Graphs and images may be uploaded in JPG, PNG and GIF format only. When including a table, it is recommended to save the table as an image and then upload it to the abstract.
The online submission system allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the scientific programme.
Please be advised that you will be requested to confirm the following information when you submit your abstract.
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. congress website, programmes, other promotions, etc.)
- The abstract submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content ("Content") provided to ESRA 2015 and Kenes International (Hereafter: “The Organizers"). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Submitter grants the Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the content.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
IMPORTANT NOTE - ETHICS COMMITTEE APPROVAL
Only work that has received local animal or human ethics committee approval as appropriate will be considered for presentation and publication. A statement indicating ethics committee approval has been granted should be incorporated into the abstract and you will be requested to confirm that approval has been applied for/granted before you submit your abstract. When submitting your abstract, please upload your Ethics Committee Approval as a picture or as text pasted into the Abstract text field.
Abstracts which have not received approval will not be accepted - unless they fit into the special categories below.
Ethical committee approval is required for the following scenarios:
1. If there are patients involved in the study
2. Anonymous Retrospective Data Collection – unless local committee authorizes otherwise
3. Audit Study – unless local committee authorizes otherwise
Ethical committee approval is NOT required for the following scenarios:
1. Questionnaire survey of medical personnel
2. Case studies – with patient consent
3. Literature reviews
4. Historical research
5. Research performed on artificial model
6. Evaluation performed during pre-operative session – with receipt of informed consent
BEST FREE PAPER (RESIDENTS ONLY)
Relevant only for papers submitted for regular (not late breaking) abstract submision.
ESRA Best Free Paper (residents only) competition. Prizes are awarded to the top 3 papers based on accumulated scores of both abstract and presentation.
- Candidates must be "Residents/Trainees" only
- A Resident/Trainee cannot win the prize more than twice
- In any given year the allocation of 2 winners from the same institution will not be permitted
- Awards will be presented at the Congress Annual Dinner
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified in advance
All abstracts selected for E-Poster discussions will be considered for the Best E-Poster Award. Prizes are awarded to the top 3 E-Posters based on accumulated scores of both abstract and presentation.